This beta release of the update framework for Adobe AIR Applications provides APIs to assist developers in including good update capabilities in their AIR applications. The functionality present in update framework assists developers in the following:
* Periodically checking for updates based on an interval or at the request of the user
* Downloading AIR files (updates) from a web source
* Alerting the user on the first run of the newly installed version or performing data migration
* Confirming that the user wants to check for updates
* Displaying information to the user on the new available version for download
* Displaying download progress and error information to the user
The update framework supplies a default user interface that your application can use. It provides the user with basic information and options related to application updates. Your application can also also define its own custom user interface for use with the update framework.
For more info chek this link.