Apple has unveiled its new iPhone 4 at the Worldwide Developers Conference 2010 in San Francisco. Below some of the most important features and innovations.
- Design: The all new iPhone 4 is just 9.3mm thick and is 24 percent thinner than the iPhone 3GS.
- Display: With the new iPhone 4, Apple debuts new display dubbed as ‘Retina Display’. This 3.5-inch multi-touch display offers 960×640 pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch.
- Processor: Apple A4 System-on-Chip processor used in iPad.
- Camera: 5 megapixel sensor with backside illuminated sensor and LED Flash.
- Gyroscope: 6-axis motion sensing.
- Battery life: increased by 40%.
Other features: Quadband HSDPA/HSUPA, WiFi (802.11n), Assisted GPS, Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, iBooks App as free download, Microsoft’s search engine Bing officially added to search engine options, Micro SIM just like the ones used in iPad.
The phone will be available in white or black, retailing at $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for 32GB. They go on sale June 24th. Read more of the Apple iPhone 4 here.